Friday, November 7, 2014

A LITTLE THRIFT SHOPPING

My goodness, where has the time gone? I haven't posted in three weeks! I do have a good excuse, though . . . I think.



About mid-October all-of-a-sudden I had an urge to start making Christmas crafts! Boy, I don't know what got into me, but I couldn't stop. I haven't even been outside to clean up the yard before winter sets in! Then, all-of-a-sudden again, I decided to clean up and re-organize all my craft supples. So I've been doing that off-and-on for the past three days.

But Mister had yesterday off from work so we slipped out to the thrift shop. I'm so glad we did - got some great stuff: a nice Christmas table runner that looks vintage but is not, a Valentine and a Christmas hankie, a nice green planter that says "Brush, USA" on the bottom, a glass bell jar, a cool vintage sugar dispenser (which I'll use for a pencil holder as the red lid is cracked), styrofoam tree, 'brass' bells, an angel figurine, and an old bottle with a 'Mavis' logo.


Here is a close-up of the sugar. It has a great pattern on it.


Also, a close-up of the angel. The colors are so pretty!


Last, a close-up of the Mavis label. I have a very dear friend from Canada named Mavis, so I'll send this to her. (I hope she doesn't read my blog!)



2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I would love to see some of your Christmas crafts! Sounds like you got your crafting groove on!

Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm going to make some cards/tags tomorrow and who knows what else!
Have a nice weekend.
warmly,
deb