Tuesday, June 5, 2012

REDNESDAY



Happy June Rednesday! It's been raining off and on this past week, and yesterday and today it's been quite cool - around 48F/9C. That's not June weather! But, I'll take it over snow and freezing any day!

I finished planting all the in-ground flowers and veggies before the full moon on Monday. Still have a few more perennials to go, but they're not big enough yet, so will wait until after the next new moon in July. I have a few more to put in pots, but I don't adhere to the moon schedule with potted plants.

Speaking of potted plants, I have to pot up a bunch of stuff for the annual plant sale at our church this weekend. The teens have a combo yard sale/plant sale to raise money for their missions trip each year. This year 88 students and staff are going to Grafton, West Virginia to help in the community.

A few more garden reds today! Mister and I poked around an antique store last Saturday. All we came out with were a book (for him) and this seed bag for me. I don't know how old it really is because it has a zip code on it (zip codes began in 1963), but that doesn't stop me from liking it! The claw on the right is my all-time favorite. I use it every time I garden!

This photo has two Columbines in it. I planted them from the same packet of seeds called William Guinness, but this plant on the left turned out to be a rogue. And I like it!

Here is a shot of what the inside of the William Guinness looks like ~




20 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Columbines are such fascinating flowers--especially the red ones! Thanks for sharing yours!

Liz said...

Your flower are gorgeous! Liz

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents and Caregivers said...

Oh how lovely! I have several delightful daylilies on today's post but, sadly, no reds. HOWEVER, the grandkids and I are creating fun handmade greetings cards for their dad for Father's Day and we DID have some cute reds for their fave pix - no, not the cute teddy that was my favorite. Instead, they love the googly monsters :) Have a blessed week.

LV said...

Seems we have none thing in common. I dearly love working in my yard and flowers. You have done a great job with your. Just don't over do it.

craftyles said...

Sue,
Your garden posts always inspire me to get out there and dig. Trying to start our little garden here. Love the old tools and seed bag!

vivian said...

love your columbine plants! the inside of that flower is just gorgeous!
have fun with your garden.. I love gardens, but I dont have a green thumb! I still plant stuff.. but I dont always take very good care of them afterwords.. this summer I vow to do better!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful flowers!

vintage grey said...

Such lovely and pretty flowers!! Love the inside of the William Guinness!! xo Heather

ThreeOldKeys said...

I dig your garden !!!

Okay, I admire you for doing all the digging.

Thanks for Rednesday,
laurie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your flowers and you wonderful vintage garden tools make me want to play in the dirt also! Hugs, Linda

Lola said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Thanks for hosting this great meme!

LadyD Piano said...

I love gardening. I must try to grow this kind of flower here; very nice.

Catherine {Stone and Rose} said...

Thank you for hosting!!

Suzan said...

Love all of the red posts, I have something I would like to post but I am a little confused by Linky.
I am new to this world
Suzan
Ladybug Cottage

Curtains in My Tree said...

I would much rather be outside planting flowers than doing house work. I was outside most of the day yesterday , planted 3 more pots of flowers , red ones also

Anonymous said...

Well all I can do is look at your happy cherry/ gingham curtains!

Anonymous said...

Oh and those umbrella kids are so cute! they remind me of my kids when they were little with their dark hair and turned up noses!

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Happy Rednesday Sue! I adore your little seed bag, so cute. And hurray for you getting your planting done! I wish I had your green thumb.

Happy week to you!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie,
I just saw your note about your bowl, you have a different color combo that 90 % of us....so what size is that bowl? I will keep my eye open, how much are you willing to fork out for it???? Sandy